[ale] more on VMware

S. Eric Asberry eric at sedonna.com
Tue Jul 13 16:00:30 EDT 1999

At 02:30 PM 7/13/99 -0500, J. Reeves Hall wrote:
>I've tried the pilot-link utilities with success.  No virtual machine and
>extra
>operating system required :)

Yes, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, which you may have missed, I
have used native Linux "hotsync" type proggies and they function quite
nicely!  More power to everyone who is using them!  However,  I have an
additional piece of conduit software (AvantGo) which I was never able to
get to work with the Linux versions.  I found a web page that had
instruction which were supposed to let you get around this but I was never
able to get it to work.  This is entirely my fault.  Linux is GOOD.  OK?

And it's not as if I'm running VMWare just for Hotsync'ing.  I'm also
running ICQ (yes I know there is a Unix version), and Eudora Pro (which I
happen to like) for my mail client (yes I know there are other mail clients
under Unix), and Office (yes, I know Star Office exists, but I don't have
it, nor the bandwidth to download it, nor am I certain that it is 100% file
compatible with the M$ stuff), for creating documents for work, and who
knows, maybe for submitting to a book publisher?  I think "Pragmatic
Penguinism" would be a great book!  <grin>

I suppose I better not mention that I also run Visual Studio 6 under vmware
(GASP!  SHUDDER!)

Eric