[ale] Perl/Tk

Dave Brooks dbrooks at comstar.net
Tue Jul 13 13:59:07 EDT 1999

ale-

I downloaded the Perl/Tk rpm and installed it.  However, upon running:

% perl -e "use Tk"

I get an error message saying that Tk.pm cannot be found in @INC.  I
copied Tk.pm (from the rpm install) to a directory specified in @INC.
(I'm assuming @INC is some sort of variable (environment?) that contains
directories to look for stuff, but I don't know where to look for
this).  It stopped looking for Tk.pm, but then started complaining about
something else, so I'm assuming there's no manual "quick fix" for this
problem.  Is there perhaps an updated RPM for Perl/Tk than the ones I
installed (The ones I installed were distributed with 5.1, and since it
was just installing Perl modules I didn't think it mattered)?

-Dave

--
David A. Brooks
ComStar Communications, Inc.