[ale] more on VMware

S. Eric Asberry eric at sedonna.com
Tue Jul 13 10:52:43 EDT 1999

At 10:36 AM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I can HotSync my PalmPilot from linux -- get the pilot-links package.
>Also GnomePilot works excellently, also, if you're a Gnomey person.

I don't think I've tried any of the above, but I have used KPilot, and it
does a fine job of the basic Hotsync.  But I'm also using a program called
AvantGo (www.avantgo.com) which goes out and grabs web pages when I do the
hotsync, and although I found a link with instructions on making that
program work with the Linux hotsyncing programs, I never could get it to
work for me (my fault, I'm sure).  So, I took the path of least resistance
... :)

Eric