[ale] VmWare

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Mon Jul 12 01:12:28 EDT 1999

I got the first beta release when it came out and was just amazed at
how easy the product was to install. Loaded up Windows NT4 with no
problems and was able to run all the Office apps as well as Netscape.
Very impressive product. I believe that you can use an existing
partition from your VM (this feature was not yet available when I got
mine) but I don't know what the issues are if you try to use a live
partition (like one the host OS is currently using) from the VM. I'm
just looking for an excuse to buy the thing now. The only downside is
speed but when you consider what its doing, its not bad at all. Its
cool to have a remote X session going with a Word document running in
a Window!

	good luck & let us know how it goes for you,

		Ben Scherrey