[ale] VmWare

Lisa Chiang gt6492d at gatech.campuscwix.net
Sun Jul 11 10:56:07 EDT 1999

I am going to try out the evaluation copy of VMWare.  For home users its $75
til the end of July, I think.

Anyway, has anyone tried it out yet?  I'm interested if anyone has tried the
following.  I already have my hard disk set up for dual booting Windows 98 and
Linux.  Has anyone tried using the exisiting partition for the guest OS
(Windows in this case, of course)? VMWare does have instructions for doing this.

On the other hand, VMWare seems to want you to reinstall the Windows OS in a VM
which means that I have to assign a directory for the VM.  Is this a better way
to go than using the existing the hard disk partition?

Thanks.
 --
Lisa Chiang
gt6492d at gatech.campuscwix.net