[ale] Technical reviewers needed (M$oft need not apply?)

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Fri Jul 9 18:46:53 EDT 1999

<semi-sarcasm>
	I know! You should just burn every book, magazine, and newspaper you
own that was written using Microsoft products. Then encourage everyone
else to do the same and refuse to buy any published material that
wasn't written using TeX or GNU tools. I'm certain you'd be much
better off...

	You know, I understand that most radio and tv stations write their
copy on Microsoft Word. You should not listen to those stations for
fear of being manipulated and unknowingly support the "evil Gates
empire".

	Whoops! I accidentally wrote this email in a *windows* version of
Netscape. You should probably delete it and all threads that it might
have touched as I'm sure a virus has infected it all. Better reformat
your drive just to be safe...
</semi-sarcasm>

	If you want to win the war, choose your battles more wisely. You will
not win by eliminating the "opponents" tools. You will win when they
adopt your own because you've earned your credibility.

	later,

		Ben Scherrey

PS: Good luck on your book guys! Hope you mention how well Linux and
the like run on the various hardware compared to the, uhem, more
expensive operating systems out there!