[ale] Technical reviewers needed

Ryan Bridges ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com
Fri Jul 9 11:33:18 EDT 1999

	Wow, I didn't quite expect so many responses so quickly.  First,
let me address your questions:
	1.  The book will be distributed as a hard-cover book through
		MacMillan publishing.
	2.  I am not sure of the exact price but it will most likely be
		around $50.  The price will be set by the publisher.
	3.  I am mulling over a few different ways to deliver the
		material.  The two best (for our short timeframe) are a
		secured web server, where you could view the material on a
		web browser and submit changes/corrections/suggestions
		through Email, or to distribute the documents entirely
		through email.  Of course, I am always open to
		suggestions.

The chapters are going to be submitted back to us in Word 95 format.
During the Development review process, the publishers use several of the
editing, marking, and collapsing capabilities of Microsoft Office.  It is
out sincere hope that all of these things will work flawlessly in
StarOffice.  If this is not the case, or you do not have StarOffice, we
will give you a copy of the file as ascii text.  We have WinBlows(r)
running in VMWare for just such an emergency.

Thank you for your responses!  If everyone wanting to participate could
also send me a seperate (non-ale) Email so I can add you to the list, we
can get this thing underway.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Ryan Bridges	                               ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com

"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
					--"Wish you were here" Pink Floyd