[ale] Viper770

Eric Webb foobar at stargate.totalchaos.org
Fri Jul 9 00:06:26 EDT 1999

> Does anyone have a Viper770?  Does it work in X with the same driver (svga)
> as the 550?  Does it have a capture input?

Robert,

I just picked up a Viper 770 for my 433 box.  Since I've spent most of the
past two days shuffling people to/from the airport, I haven't had a chance to
install it yet.

I hear the 770 core is different from the 550, so I have my suspicions that
it might not work, but it seems kinda unlikely that they wouldn't include
any backward-compatibility, doesn't it?

More tomorrow perhaps, when I give it a whirl.

(If anyone else has a 770 working under X, I'd love to hear about it too!)

Eric