[ale] Mouse/X Windows question

Justin Russell jwrussell at fs1.mar.lmco.com
Thu Jul 8 12:24:59 EDT 1999

I was playing around with my XConfig file last night and somehow managed to really mess up my mouse under X Windows.

I am running RedHat 6 and Gnome.  My setup is the default which auto-boots X when I boot my machine.

However, without my mouse I have no control.  Is it possible for force the boot into single-user/shell mode instead of autobooting X?

Alternatively, is there a way to control the mouse cursor without using the mouse?  (Yes I tried banging on keys, heh)

Thanks in advance,

Justin

 Justin W. Russell
 Engineer, Aerodynamics/CFD