[ale] Mandrake 'bugs?'

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jul 6 23:27:20 EDT 1999

I'm still looking for specifics regarding various comments on Mandrake.
Anyone care to elaborate on the following posted comments:

Chris Ricker (kaboom at gatech.edu):

RH derivatives
--------------
***Mandrake
Mandrake takes RH and adds bugfixes (and introduces new bugs).  I don't
think they really add enough to be worth the switch, but then I don't
really
like KDE and I don't need its better-than-RH support for different
languages.  I also don't appreciate the additional bugs they add, since
they
didn't fix the bugs in RH 6 I wanted fixed ;-).

Irv Mullins (irv at ellijay.com):

Mandrake is clearly the most impressive, but also the most flawed
that I've tried. Too many new things that make it unstable, I guess.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl