[ale] MAXTOR LBA software for linux...

Baron Saturday baron.saturday at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 6 03:53:21 EDT 1999

Greetings, Earthling!

  I recently installed a maxtor 1.5 gig HD in my linux box (a ps1
  486sx 25- yeah, I know, but it runs linux like a scalded dog when
  it's up! Easily compares with my 586 200 running windoze!).  Problem
  is, the system bios doesn't support lba, and the only software
  emulation I can find for it is an M$ DOS proggie TSR which fools the
  bios into handling it.  So far, I've only been able to get linux to
  recognise the bios defaults for disk space, while dos/windoze will
  recognise the extended partition and logical drive created by the
  maxiblast software.

  Is there anything for linux which will help me get this larger disk
  running in my crappy ps1 box?

  thanx!

da Baron  (,,oBo,,)        baron.saturday at mindspring.com; saturday at deathsdoor.com

 ,,oBo,,z Raiders MC- chp.666 INFOBAHN