[ale] X-CD-Roast help

Jonathan jfondow at sprintmail.com
Mon Jul 5 08:32:14 EDT 1999

I am trying to use an IDE CD-ROM and CD-RW to burn cd's using
X-CD-Roast.  Here is the message that I get when I start:

"No generic-scsi-support has been detected.  Without it no scsi-device
can be detected or used by x-cd-roast.  Please load the sb-module (eg
"insmod sg") or recompile your kernel with generic support."

I have support built into the kernel.  When I go into scsi-info in
x-cd-roast it shows both drives(/dev/hdc, /dev/hdd) as well as the hard
drive (/dev/hda).  When I go to setup it shows both drives as an option
in the reader, but I can't get any choice for the writter.

I run SuSE6.1, kernel 2.2.9.  Any help/ideas would be greatly
appreciated.  TIA