[ale] RH6.0 X problem

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 3 07:49:11 EDT 1999

Oh my goodness!!!! You can't practially run gnome/enligthtenment on
this!  It's like trying to pull a yacht with a VW beetle!  You have
enough RAM, but a 486 33 is way too slow.  I'd try switching to fvwm
instead if you want a usable system... If  the problem still occurs,
it's a problem with your X server.

At the office we have one guy who runs KDE on a 486/100 and although
he complains a lot, it seems to work.  In my opinion, a Pentium 133
just barely qualifies...

-Eric.