[ale] Linux Swap

Steve Jones SJones at btsquared.com
Thu Apr 22 07:40:27 EDT 1999

While we're at it...I ran into the following message on booting up using
rh5.2:

"Swap: /dev/hdb6 Operation not supported by device"

/etc/fstab looks ok. When I check out /proc/memInfo it says that I have no
swap space. From looking thru the man pages it looks like I am going to have
to either create a swapfile or do some repartitioning of hard drive space.

Am I headed in the right direction or is there something else I can/should
do?

Thanx
Steve