[ale] Samba Printing & Win '95 clients: Long Delays accessing Properties???

Cole Jones ctjones at kodak.com
Wed May 20 14:07:29 EDT 1998

Hi,
I'm running samba-1.9.18p7 on a RedHat 5.0 (2.0.32) system.  One of our
TCP/IP network printers is a Kodak IS70II Copier/Printer.  When the
printer is OFF, the Win '95 clients experience LONG delays (3 minutes)
when trying to access the Properties for ANY printer.  When the printer
is ON, everything works fine.

Can someone tell me why the clients are experiencing such long delays?
Is there some Samba or Win '95 setting that could shorten this delay?

I appreciate any suggestions you care to offer.

Thanks!