[ale] Remember:

Jason Boyles jason at chunk.hboc.com
Wed May 20 10:46:31 EDT 1998

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 08:14:10AM -0400, tko at westgac3.dragon.com wrote:
> Jeremy T. Bouse writes:
> > 	Tell me about it... I couldn't view the orignal post without
> > exporting it to a text file and reading it... I hate when people send HTML
> > and non-standard ISO charsets...
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Isn't that an oxymoron?

That's a shortcoming of your mailer and one of several
reasons I've weaned myself away from pine. The data is there,
and easily legible; pine just refuses to let you look at it.

While I agree that exotic encodings can be annoying, they aren't nearly
as inconvenient when your mailer at least attempts to handle them sanely.

Give mutt ( http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~me/mutt/ ) a try. It seems to do
the right thing.

Plus those low version numbers (0.91.1) are oh-so-chic when compared to
pine's passe v3.96. ;-)

----
Jason Boyles <jason at chunk.hboc.com>
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."