[ale] almost there

Lisa Chiang gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Wed May 20 08:40:55 EDT 1998

OK, I downloaded 2.0.33 (from Chris' site) along with the patch (pre2.0.34).
Everything compiled OK and so I now have a new kernel.  I have two problems:

1.  I need to recompile a new pcmcia modules so I can use my pcmcia modem to
dial my ISP.  (I have to use my old kernel and pcmcia until I reinstall a new on
e compatible with 2.0.34pre). I don't expect this to be a problem.

2.  I get the following error when booting this kernel:

Can't find module netpf-4 and netpf-5

Things seem to work but I'd like to clean up my box.  What are these two modules
and do I need them? (I'm on a redhat 4.2/intel box)  Thanks.

gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Lisa Chiang