[ale] /proc/mtrr anyone?

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Sat May 16 20:38:04 EDT 1998

You can find a discussion of this on the SMP mailing list, and the
fellow who wrote the patch has a web site (maybe it's referenced in
the source?).  Basically, it believe it's nutsing with some
timers/features in the PCI bus to give you this speedup for bitblt
operations.

And actually, I think you're just getting your (relative) speed back.  You
probably didn't notice BAD performance, but it was about the same
speed as a pentium, and should have been much faster.

-Eric.