[ale] Java Help

Mark Cantrell mcantrell at inetnow.net
Thu May 14 22:36:06 EDT 1998

Hey Terry
this is probably related to a CLASSPATH not being set.

if your jdk is in, say /usr/local/jdk1.1.6
then make sure you set
PATH {$PATH}:/usr/local/jdk1.1.6/bin
CLASSPATH {$CLASSPATH}:/usr/local/jdk1.1.6/lib/classes.zip:.
    there is a dot at the end of the classpath (you may need to set this
     the directory you are compiling under)

oh yeah
somewhere under the /usr/local/jdk1.1.6/.../java
                                /usr/local/jdk1.1.6/.../javac
you may need to do a find to get the excact path for the java/javac
binaries

I made a symlink from these to /usr/local/bin/java and
/usr/local/bin/javac respectively.

that should do it, let me know if you have any trouble
Mark