[ale] Howto configure modem properties...

Linux Idiot esoteric at atlnet.com
Fri May 8 22:59:10 EDT 1998

Laith Haddadin wrote:

> I have a Pentium system running RH5.0 and it has a 33.6 Boca modem.  The
> modem has no jumpers on it.  Under WinNT 4.0 it is configured on COM2, IRQ5,
> Address-3E8.  I know about the hard link Linux makes to modem from cua1, but
> from how I understand it cua1 is looking for IRQ3???  I'm not sure how to
> get my modem to run com2 irq3...so is there a way I can tell Linux that cua1
> is using irq5?

As for setting the irq, checkout the man page for setserial.  If you're
doing a dual-boot with NT and Linux, you will want to keep the serial
ports consistent.  That is, if it's com2 on NT, then it's going to be
cua1 under Linux.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at atlnet.com

NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.
Want to speed up your NT box real cheap?  Replace NT with Linux...