[ale] NFS permission problem solved

Bob bob at cavu.com
Fri May 8 15:54:00 EDT 1998

I solved my NFS permission problem.

After editing my /etc/exports file on the Linux server I needed to send
a HUP signal (kill -1) to the mount daemon.  I had followed the nfs man
page that only said I needed to send the HUP to the nfs daemon.

Thanks also to Ed Landa who suggested the client be in /etc/hosts.allow
and to David Hamm who suggested the client be in /etc/hosts.  I did check
these things but they too are easy to forget.

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com
http://www.cavu.com
http://www.cavu.com/sunset.html   [Sunset Computer]
N79879 C-172 based PDK, Atlanta, GA
Hiroshima '45           Chernobyl '86           Windows '95
"Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus" (We came, we saw, we hacked)