[ale] Weird question

Brian H. Trammell brian at altara.org
Thu May 7 22:29:58 EDT 1998

Also, doesn't WinGate run on NT? Of course, WinGate sort of sucks compared
to Linux ipmasq... :)

On Thu, 7 May 1998, steve lockhart wrote:

> Tell him to check out the MS proxy server. I imagine it only runs on NT server.
>
> sdl
>
> Vernard Martin wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine was listening to me rave about ip masquerading under Linux and
> > how I can get all my machines on my subnet to have access over that one line
> > using the linux box as a router of sorts. He is primarily a WinNT person and
> > wanted to know if suck a beast existed for WinNT. I realized that I didn't know
> > so I'm asking the group. If it doesn't exist then he's willing to turn a 486
> > DX2-66 machine into a linux machine so that he can get this functionality. I
> > figured I should at least be honest and try to see if WinNT can do this before
> > I try to convert him over to Linux. After all, if it can't then he's an easy
> > convert :-)

> > --
> > Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
> > "Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth."

..........brian h. trammell <brian at altara.org> http://www.altara.org/~brian
.......................director, the altara open network - atlanta, georgia
.........................Communication without Gates - http://www.linux.org

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
               for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."