[ale] suse distribution

Lisa Chiang gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Wed Jun 24 08:41:16 EDT 1998

I'm thinking about switching from Redhat to Suse 5.3 when it comes out because
Suse distributions seem to be more stable than Redhat.  I'm not sure the glib
stuff is stable/compatible enough for me.

I'm running codes that take hours at a time to run on my Linux box so I don't
want buggy stuff.  On the other hand, I want to get some of the newer
features.

Does anyone here have experience with Suse?  Would switching be a big deal?  I'm
planning on doing it later this summer when I repartition my hard disk (I'm
going to wipe Win95 totally off) so it'll be a "new" install.  TIA.

gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Lisa Chiang