[ale] PPP

Gopal Sarma gopal at sigmawd.com
Fri Jun 12 16:04:58 EDT 1998

Hi, i am a new Linux user (i recently posted to this list about
filesystems) and I am having problems with getting my maching connected to
the internet. I have Redhat 5.0 and Metro X 4.0. Redhat includes a utility
that allows you to connect setup PPP just by typing in the username,
password, phone number, and nameservers (are these the same as DNS
servers?). There is also an option that i have chekced that makes the
program repetedly try to connect if the connection fails.  Whenever i try
to connect, however, it always fails, and the program just keeps trying.
Thanks.

Gopal Sarma