[ale] smart config?

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 20 23:14:20 EST 1998

On 20 Jan, Robert L Harris wrote:
> Very nice.  Hats off to the person who thought that up and implemented it.

Michael Chastain, I think.  His next project for the makefile
improvement is to move SMP support into a configuration option, so you
can look for that in a few kernels....

> Second,  my second machine is single CPU.  Would I be better off setting
> SMP=0?

Actually, just comment the line out altogether.  Any bugs you get
running SMP kernels on uni systems may be spurious.  They'll certainly
be regarded as such by the developers, anyway....

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu