[ale] Re: Accelerated X help?

Andrew Newton newton at ibm.net
Sat Jan 17 08:23:25 EST 1998

Actually, I did a full install of Laptop Accelerated X to RH 5.0 and
have it working fine.  There are a few things you have to do.

First, get the latest version of ld.so from RedHat.
Install the libc5 rpm.  It should update your ld.so.conf file.
I also found another smaller rpm that had libc.so.5.4.38 and
libm.so.5.0.9 but used a different directory than the older libc5
rpm.  I just copied the newer libs into the other directory mentioned in
my ld.so.conf file (/usr/i486-linuxlibc5/lib) and then ran ldconfig.
I also changed my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib:/opt/kde/lib.  From what
I understand, this last step isn't suppose to be required, but I had
to do it anyway.

--
What Do You Want To Spend Today?                 Andrew Newton
Linux, FREE for an unlimited time!              lfs at eskimo.com
www.debian.org/social_contract.html        www.eskimo.com/~lfs