[ale] CDROM - where is it?

Steven A DuChene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Jan 16 13:03:27 EST 1998

Michael Kachline wrote in response to my "make bzImage" suggestion:
> 	"make bzlilo" if you want to make your life *really* easy. Just
> do a "make bzlilo;shutdown -r now" and you're off to the races.
> Personally though, I would suggest popping a floppy in, doing a "make
> bzdisk;shutdown -r now" then, if that works, "make bzlilo;shutdown -r now".

The only problem with a "make bzlilo" is that it doesn't preserve the
older kernel that is still configured in the lilo.conf file. I typically
have 4 or 5 kernels configured in the lilo.conf file so I can fall back
to them for various reasons.

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.