[ale] CDROM - where is it?

Mike Kachline kachline at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 15 20:09:05 EST 1998

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Steven A DuChene wrote:

<snip>
> > it said that the kernel was too large.  It was almost twice the size
> > of my old kernel.  I'm going to try to recompile it, enabling fewer
> > options and see if that helps, but if anyone knows why it's so much
> > bigger when all I really wanted to enable ide and soundblaster ... please
> > let me know.
<snip>
> or use a "make bzImage" instead of "make zImage" since this creates a kernel
> with a different type of compression (read more efficient & smaller) and
> therefore allows lilo to load a "larger" size kernel.
<snip>

	"make bzlilo" if you want to make your life *really* easy. Just
do a "make bzlilo;shutdown -r now" and you're off to the races.
Personally though, I would suggest popping a floppy in, doing a "make
bzdisk;shutdown -r now" then, if that works, "make bzlilo;shutdown -r now".

							- Mike
Michael Kachline - CS, Georgia Tech
kachline at cc.gatech.edu
http://brightstar.gt.ed.net/kachline/