[ale] LILO/BIOS 0x01 Problem: Help?

Marc A. Torres marct at lowbyte.com
Mon Jan 5 09:13:28 EST 1998

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Daniel S. Cox wrote:
> 	When I attempt to use the RedHat boot disk, lilo prints an "L" and then an
> endless string of "01".  Reading the lilo docs says that the first stage
> bootloader loaded, but the 01 is a hex code from the BIOS saying "unknown
> operation".  The BIOS is by Award, dated September something, 1997.  Has
> anyone seen anything like this before?  A quick search from www.linux.org
> revealed little of use.

You know belive it or not, I just went round and round on this two nights
ago.  I had the disks from the offical disk set go bad on me with the same
result.  Just try making a new boot/supp disks with rawrite off the CD...

When I searched dejanews for answers on this someone posted "look in the
redhat-install list they have fixed this problem before" and was unable
to find any 'real' answers in their archives.

Good Luck,
Marc Torres
marct at lowbyte.com