[ale] Routing 101

Dave Brooks root at trusted.net
Sat Jan 3 22:29:34 EST 1998

well, all I have now are two network routes (both to 10.1.1.0) on both
machines.  but, on either machine, when I try and ping the other, this is
what I get:

bofh:/ # ping spork
PING spork (10.1.1.2): 56 data bytes

--- spork ping statistics ---
15 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
bofh:/ #

I had to abort it because nothing was happening.  My cards are connected
properly, because linux finds them where they are.  I only have two
machines, and I'm using 10BaseT, so obviously I am using reversed RJ-45.
Anything else that could be preventing these cards from talking to each
other?

regards,
Dave