[ale] Changing Color in bash

root at bofh.trusted.net root at bofh.trusted.net
Sat Jan 3 12:18:29 EST 1998

I dont know that you can in the console, but you can in an xterm (or an
xterm clone) by passing the 'xterm -bg whatever_color_you_want_to_use'.
This also works on the text itself by using an 'xterm -fg whatever'.

So, to start an xterm with a blue foreground and a green background type
'xterm -fg blue -bg green'.

I'm not sure about the console, as I said before, a black background and
white foreground works well for me.  But, you never know, reading the man
page for bash may reveal something I dont know! ;)

Best wishes,
Dave