[ale] Apples and Penguins

Dan Newcombe newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Feb 4 12:29:58 EST 1998

> Can anyone tell me of a utility (either included with Slackware or
> downloadable somewhere) that will allow me to add my laptop (running Linux)
> to my small Appletalk network? Or some other way of setting up a peer
> connection between the laptop and a Macintosh?

Look for netatalk.  Your kernel needs to support atalk (just a recompile
away).  Once done, people w/ Appletalk can see your machine as a file server
or print server.  Also, you could get Samba for the Mac's as well if you
wanted to go that way.  I've done both, and find the Appletalk to be easier
for my wife.

> FUCK HOTMAIL!  Get your REAL private e-mail at
> http://www.noneofyourdamnbusiness.com

Ohhh...we're mature.  Your first computer?

--
Dan Newcombe                |"Somewhere along the way we exchanged our dreams
newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu | for selfish pride" -Fates Warning, The 11th Hour