[ale] Two NIC cards

Jeffery Tillotson jtillotson at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 20 00:16:50 EST 1998

I have two NIC cards in my LINUX machine that will be used primarily for
IPmasquerading. Both eth0 and eth1 are up and working fine checking with
(modprobe ethN).  Eth0 has an IP address bound to it but I can't get an IP
address bound to eth1.  eth0 is set to the static internet address (cable
modem) and eth1 should be to the private local network.
I have tried using ipcfg with the address and still have no luck.

Basically my question is how do get an IP address assigned to eth1?

RedHat 5.2 (2.0.36)

Thanks for any help or pointers to howtos, faqs..etc

Jeff