[ale] How do these cards match up?

Larry Gee larry at nemo.realminfo.com
Mon Dec 14 09:19:01 EST 1998

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Eric Webb wrote:

> Ok, I have these two VLB video cards (yeah, I know, why am I even bothering to
> ask).  Which would be better?  Both only have 1M installed currently, but one
> is a Trident and the other is an ATI Mach32.  I'm not sure about the model #
> of the Trident, how can I find it out short of pulling the case off?
>
> Eric

If your VLB trident card is anything like mine, it uses a 9440 chip.  I
have found it's performance acceptable, but not as good as my ET4000/W32
based card.  ( Yes I have some REALLY old hardware )

Larry Gee                       |
REALM Information Technologies  |  rm -rf Microsoft
770-446-1332 x 105              |