[ale] Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - August Meeting

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Aug 2 22:41:36 EDT 1998

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - August meeting notice.

             Come and join your fellow Linux Enthusiasts
                for another high-spirited ALE meeting.

                        Thursday August 13, 1998
                               7:00 PM
                  Georgia Tech College of Computing
                               Room 17

                             THIS MONTH:

Debian Linux Turns Five, Stuart Trusty - Linux Labs

Abstract:
"This ALE meeting coincides with Ian Murdoch's initial production of the
Debian distribution in mid-August of 1993. It was announced in Volume 1,
Issue 1 of The Linux Journal in March of 1994 as "a commercial-quality
distribution of the Linux operating system, a product which has not existed
until now but which is absolutely essential to the success of Linux in the
commercial market." Has Debian achieved its objective? A look at the
foundation, features, and structure of the Debian project from a commercial
and artistic perspective.

My pertinent experience is that I have used Linux as my sole commercial
operating system since 1994 and owned and operated Linux Labs in Tucson,
Arizona for over two years with Minna Mirabai. We have moved our debian-linux
based virtual domain hosting provider, wireless communication, and linux
support house to Georgia in support of the Atlanta linux community."

Discussion of the upcoming Atlanta Linux Showcase on October 23 - 24, 1998.
Online Registration is now taking place at <URL:http://www.ale.org/showcase/>

                For more info, visit the ALE web page:
                      <URL:http://www.ale.org/>

       For Directions to the Georgia Tech College of Computing:
   <URL:http://www.cc.gatech.edu/external.affairs/directions.html>

--
Greg Hankins <greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu>      | 2nd Atlanta Linux Showcase
MS CS Graduate Student                         | Conference and Exhibition