[ale] need for a packet statistics program...

Marc A. Torres marct at lowbyte.com
Tue Sep 30 16:27:41 EDT 1997

	Ummm, on c.o.l.a in the past couple of days there
	was a post about a program that would read tcpdump
	files and generate reports.  From the post:

   EPAN is an offline protocol analyzer.  It  allows you to decode
   any data captured by tools like edump(8) or tcpdump(8) in detail,
   i.e. you'll see all the details of protocols like IP, TCP, UDP,
   DNS or RIP (and about 20 other protocol decoders). It is also
   possible to create a few statistics (frame size distribution,
   utilization or protocol statistics). For more detailed statistics
   EPAN offers to use an external program like gnuplot to evaluate
   the collected data.

   EPAN runs under Linux/X11R6 (libc5 and libc6).

   Linux Binaries and Debian Packages are available from
   fbti.et-inf.fho-emden.de:/pub/epan

   Detailed information about the protocol decoders and screenshots
   are available at http://www.et-inf.fho-emden.de/~tobias/epan/