[ale] Redhat 4.1 install failure..

nomad nomad at orci.com
Sat Sep 13 16:56:11 EDT 1997

Mark E Hood wrote:

> Howdy folks! I am trying to install RedHat 4.1 from the CD that i bought
> from RedHat. (Official, i guess..) Installation goes great, until..it asks
> me for a root password..when i try to set the password, it does not accept
> my input. As a result of this, i am stuck at this point..leaving me to
> ctrl-alt-del. I am totally stuck here. I have tried several times, to no
> avail..same thing each time. I am using a standard 101 keyboard, with a
> homebuilt pentium100. Any and all help is gladly welcomed, and muchly
> appreciated!
> Thanks guys!
> Mark
> mehood at mindspring.com

Does it not accept it or does it just not show you're letters typed?
For
security reasons it won't show your letteres typed and it askes you to
type it twice.  Type the same thing twice (followed by returns) and see
what happends.

Robert

Robert L. Harris             |   If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire.    \_    You don't understand the question.

Email:
  Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'