[ale] Seeking Linux Savy Programmers for ISDN work

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 9 16:45:32 EDT 1997

Spellcaster Telecommunications is seeking a Linux savy programmer to do
some software maintenance on their ISDN driver for Linux.

The job is fairly straightforward, some minor changes were made when
upgrading from the 2.0.28 kernel to the 2.0.30 kernel that requires some
changes to be made to their ISDN driver. They need someone to make those
changes and do testing to verify that those changes are indeed correct.
The changes are mostly cosmetic (i.e. changes longs to doubles, pass in
some more arguments to certain functions, changed the name of some
variables).

Job requires strong C programming skills and a reasonable amount of
knowledge about modules under Linux. You'll also need to have an ISDN line
so that you can actually test the stuff out. Physical ISDN hardware will be
provided.

This job can easily lead to further employment opportunities with Spellcaster
on either a consulting and possibly a permanent employee basis.

For further information, can contact _me_ via e-mail. I'm playing "recruiter"
for them on this particular matter.

Vernard
--
Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.