[ale] genksyms

Robert L. Harris nomad at orci.com
Mon Sep 8 20:00:24 EDT 1997

Chris Ness wrote:

> Chris Ricker wrote:
> >
> > On  8 Sep, Chris Ness wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to compile 2.1.54 this morning and it is kicking back that
> my
> > > genksyms doesn't have a -f flag. Of course genksyms doesn't have a
> -v
> >
> > Who notes that his genksyms doesn't have an -f flag either, but it
> > works anyway with 2.1.54/pre2.1.55 ;-).
> >

> Ooops! I meant a -k flag. but my genksyms doesn't have either one.
> (blush)

I get the same thing.  I just "vi /usr/src/linux/Rules.Make" and
look for GENK the second line is usually the options and has
-k (some).(string).

Once I remove the -k to the end of the string (everything not
separated by whitespace) it compiles fine.

Robert

Robert L. Harris             |   If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire.    \_    You don't understand the question.

Email:
  Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'