[ale] Fwd: Final pre-2.0.31.. Expect this to be same as real 2.0.31

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 7 18:55:19 EDT 1997

Chris,

For those who don't know (like me), why are people hacking on 2.0.31
when 2.1.x has been released?  I thought the kernel version numbers
increased monotonically.

Thanks,

--Tucker

Chris Ricker said this:

> Something from Linus I thought might be of interest.  Those of you who
> want to help out can get linux-pre-2.0.31-9 from:
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/testing/linux-pre-2.0.31-9.tar.gz
> (full source)
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/testing/pre-patch-2.0.31-9.gz
> (patch against standard 2.0.30 tree).
>
> If you've got a few minutes, download it, compile it, reboot, and pound
> on it a bit to make sure it's stable on your particular hardware and
> with your particular programs.
>
> later,
> chris

Tucker Balch                                            home (404) 874-9129
Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Tech                 office (404) 894-9311
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tucker  .                      fax (404) 894-9846