[ale] Linux for sale

Patrick W. Jones PWJ at newcomb-boyd.com
Tue Sep 2 03:31:21 EDT 1997

I have to differ with this one.  There have been many
times that I have been in Micro Center and there are
no copies of Linux to be found.  This is even after
I have seen the shelves stocked full of them.  Granted,
Micro Center could be removing them from their shelves
after a while.

By the way, do you know how much the Applixware costs?

> Even If it IS for sale....no one buys it like they buy M$ "software".  I was in Micro Center in
> Marietta, they sell Redhat 4.2, Slack 3.3, InfoMagic's latest "version" (6.0 is it?), and Debian.
> They also sell Applixware 4.3 for Redhat.  Funny thing is the shelves are always stocked with it
> because no one buys it  because its not widely accepted,  (then again, "widely accepted" would be
> Windoze 95 presently) and the fact that the average computer user would have no clue how to operate
> Linux. (partially because the average computer user is using an MS-related operating system by
> default, and that they dont know that there are other options.)  So I dont think stores sticking it
> will have much affect unless more computers start having Linux preinstalled.  Then again, this is
> just my thoughts.

                 .v~
               .(W
              /<M.