[ale] Pentium Pro vs. Pentium II

Jon Anthony Smith gt7564c at acmey.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 31 21:10:59 EST 1997

> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Jason Boyles wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >     How overclockable is the PPro?
> <snip>
>
> 	I just read up on this last night. From what I can gather on the
> net, overclocking Pro 200s to 233 is a very reasonable prospect.

My Pentium Pro is overclocked from 200 to 233 without any problems on a
Supermicro P6SNF motherboard. I've been very happy with it since at
233(256K L2 Cache) it significantly outperforms a PII 233 in every test
I've used to compare it. It's about half way in speed between a PII 233
and a PII 266 to the best of my knowledge.
Anthony Smith
smitjo at usa.net
root at canine.resnet.gatech.edu