[ale] KDE

Jon Anthony Smith gt7564c at acmex.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 31 02:18:17 EST 1997

	In case you haven't heard of KDE or you have heard of it and want
to check it out... My machine canine.resnet.gatech.edu is a mirror for
ftp.kce.org and should be very fast for downloads if you are in the
Atlanta area. Please feel free to drop by and download. Linux is the only
thing I run on this machine although in the hazes of my memory I seem to
remember a partition for NT somewhere...
	KDE is finally Beta and one you have the required libs from QT to
run it, KDE installs quite easily. It has many well written applications
and though it's not as fast as some other window managers I have seen it
makes up for that shortcoming in its functionality. Of course no one will
has yet beaten the neat little olvwm that runs on open look...
	Seriously, KDE is one to watch considering the evolution of linux
from a freak's toy to a well recieved, fairly easy to use, and damn stable
implementation of unix for PCs.

J. Anthony Smith
Email: smitjo at usa.net