[ale] Red Hat

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 22 03:57:04 EDT 1997

On 21 Oct , tko at westgac3.dragon.com wrote:
> A quick question ... What is the current level of Red Hat Linux? Is it still
> 4.2?

The latest official release is 4.2 ; 4.9.1 is currently in beta.  I'm
running 4.9.1, and it's pretty good.  I wouldn't recommend it unless
you know what you're doing, however.  It's glibc-based and the bugs
haven't all been worked out yet, so you have to fix some programs
yourself.  When you switch to it, you'll have to recompile a lot of your
code as well....  See ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/mustang/ for more
details.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu