[ale] MicrTek scanner.

Chuck Mattern cmattern at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 22 07:00:02 EDT 1997

The Microtech needs to be on it's own scsi card, as I understand it it does
not detach from the bus whiile doing it's thing.  I've had very good luck
running the ScanMaker 3 on the included adaptec card.  I load aha152x as a
module and unload iit when II'm done.  mtekscan works well from the command
line and can be accessed via a gui with tkscan, although I needed to hack
tkscan just a little to get it to play nice with mtekscan.  I don't have a url
for either at them moment but can get them to you if needed.  I must backpedal
a bit though, as I am not positive that the IIsp is supported by mtekscan.

Chuck

> I have a 3940UW controller.  I'm trying to get my scanner working.  It's a
> microtek ScanMaker IIsp.  When I put it on my bus, It causes my machine
> to core.  Anyone have any experince with these?  Does anyone know if I can
> use HPScan to talk to it?  Any other recomendations?
>
> Robert

> Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
> System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.
>
> Email:
> Robert at ast.lmco.com
> http://www.orci.com/~nomad
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>   These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
>
> perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

|Chuck Mattern           | "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."|
|cmattern at mindspring.com | -Friedrich Nietzsche-                            |