[ale] ICMP forwarding and quake with IP Forwarding.

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Tue Oct 21 14:47:47 EDT 1997

  Ok,  I've compiled IP forwarding into my kernel.  That is working
perfectly.  I can telnet from behind my firewall from one machine,
IP=192.168.0.2 out and also use netscape.  I've hit 2 primary snags
though.  First, I can't ping from behnd it, out.  I've been told
to compile in ICMP forwarding.  I've check all the options in my kernel
and cannot find ICMP forwarding.  Someone care to explain this?
Second, I cannot ftp files from the outside in.  It appears unable
to create the data connection.  Any clues here?

  In addition, I can't play quake (linux quake) from behind it.  It
will  find the server, but it hangs when attempting the "keep_alive"
calls.  Would this be fixed when the above is?

Robert
Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: