[ale] ghostscript problems

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Fri Oct 17 10:50:01 EDT 1997

I recently upgraded from an old Slackware install to RedHat.  I'm now
trying to reinstall ghostscript.  I first tried the rpm approach, to no
avail.  I'm now back to the old compile and install approach.  I can't
get it to print to my Canon bjc600, although I could with my Slackware
installation.  I'm using 5.03 Aladdin ghostscript and I get the
following error message in the printer logfile:

Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops

Unexpected interpreter error -15.
Error object: .putdeviceprops(1488)op_array(511)0x816cfc0:
Execution stack at 0x8160b70: