[ale] Linux Installation

Mohamad Shokri bin Abdul Ghani shokri at tm.net.my
Sat Oct 11 23:09:28 EDT 1997

Hai,

I bought your book i.e. Special Edition Using Linux c/w Linux CD-ROM
contains Slackware 3.0 Kernel Ver. 1.2.13.
Would you please tell me;

(i) What is the current version of Slackware Linux distribution and
Kernel.

(ii)I try to install Linux in my old 486 machine. I manage to install
basic Linux not yet Xfree. I used Sony atapi/ide 4x compatible dd-rom
drive, seems that during booting linux the OS doesn't detect/recognise
the CD-ROM format. Could you please advice me what to do.

(iii) Beetween this two distribution i.e. Slackware and Red Hat which
one is better.

(iv) I'm a newbie in Linux world, could you please advice me, what shall
I do to become more expert in Linux.

that all, Thanks

Bye..

Name : Mohamad Shokri bin Abdul Ghani
Company : BQE Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd.
Address : No. 17A, Jalan Dermawan 25/89
	  Seksyen 25, 40000 Shah Alam,
	  Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : (603) 521 3695 / 521 3629