[ale] Status for Linux on PowerPC Petition: Need your help!!

STEVEN_DUCHENE at HP-USA-om1.om.hp.com STEVEN_DUCHENE at HP-USA-om1.om.hp.com
Mon Oct 6 18:21:21 EDT 1997

--openmail-part-0e37cd12-00000001

Please read the above petition and if you have an interest in the
availablity of other hardware platforms, sign the petition. Thanks...
--
Steve DuChene           sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com           1-800-633-3600

	    The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		  I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.

--openmail-part-0e37cd12-00000001

It has been about a week since I announced this petition,
http://www.dodds.net/~hozer/petition.html
and the response has been 100% in favor of it. However, I need *YOUR*
help. I have gotten 286 responses so far. If you were one of those people,
great!! Now go tell all of your friends who are concerned about the
Intel-Microsoft monopoly and the future of free software about it, and get
their support!!!

Microsoft IE 4.0 had one *million* downloads since its release earlier
this week. Those kind of numbers make coorporations take notice.
Three-hundred people signing a petition is nice feel good thing, but won't
get you very far in the real world. However, I *do* believe that there are
enought concerned Linux users out there to get thousands of signatures for
this petition.

When I have a good number of supporters, I would like to present the
petition to several PowerPC hardware manufacturers. Some of the companies
on the list to present this to are: Umax, PowerTools, Motorola, IBM, and
maybe even Apple. If you know of any others that you think should be
included, please email me personally.

I still need your help to convince a major player in the market to sell
PowerPC Linux machines! If you work at a company that you think should do
this, let me know. Forward this mail to others who you think would be
interested. Give me feedback on how to make the petition more effective,
and how to get more people to sign it! The ball has been dropped, and it
is now up to us, the users, to either let it roll, or pick it up and do
something!! I can't make much of a difference by myself, together we can
change the face of the computer industry.

Join the Revolution! Sign the petition!
http://www.dodds.net/~hozer/petition.html
| Troy Benjegerdes    |    troybenj at iastate.edu    |    hozer at dodds.net    |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.    |
| This message composed with 100% free software.     http://www.linux.org  |

--openmail-part-0e37cd12-00000001--