[ale] IP-Forwarding

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Mon Oct 6 16:21:17 EDT 1997

> Hey,
> I think there is a compile option to enable icmp forwarding. Did you enable
> it? Do other packets make it out?
> On the script, it doesn't seem to reference the fifo. I am using the script
> that came in the distribution, and at first glance, I think that is the
> major difference and possibly the problem. Also, did you recompile with
> slip support? I found that if it was a loadable module, diald would fail
> before the mod was loaded. Their script also feeds some preliminary info
> to dctrl.
> Later
> jay
>
> On 06-Oct-97 Robert L Harris was heard to have said:
> |>Ok,
> |>  Any idea why I can't ping outside my firewall?  Also, my diald isn't
> |>dialing.  I'm using the rpm package from redhat.  Here's my diald.conf
>
> <-BIG Snip!->

Compile time in what?  The kernel?  I compiled slip in, not as a module.
I'll be trying your version of the connect script in a few mins....

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: